- 1 chipotle pepper from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo, minced, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 24 baby potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 12 strips bacon, halved crosswise
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Aioli, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large plastic zipper-lock bag, mix together minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, garlic, oil, smoked paprika, brown sugar, dry mustard, and kosher salt. Add baby potatoes, seal bag, and shake, using your hands to work the seasoning mixture around the potatoes until evenly distributed and potatoes are fully coated. Pour coated potatoes onto prepared baking sheet.
- Wrap a half-strip of bacon around each baby potato and secure with toothpick. Space potatoes evenly across baking sheet. Bake until potatoes are tender and bacon has crisped, 50-60 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks, if desired. Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm with aioli on the side for dipping.