Adapted from Guy’s Big Bite
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lb sushi-grade tuna, cut into ½” cubes or smaller
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable or canola oil, for cooking
- 4 buns
- Wasabi, to taste
- 1 Avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced, to top
- Tomato, sliced, to top
- Lettuce, to top
For the Spicy Mayo:
- 1 cup mayonnaise (can sub half for greek yogurt if you’d like a healthier option)
- 1 ½ tablespoons sriracha (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, egg, and sesame oil. Fold in the tuna, bell pepper, scallions, and cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste, and mix in the panko. Form into hamburger-sized patties (really mold them so they hold together) and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook each patty until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Combine the Spicy Mayo ingredients. Layer the bun with a thin layer of wasabi, a leaf of lettuce, a tuna burger, spicy mayo to taste, avocado, and tomato, or whatever you choose for your toppings.
- Serve immediately.