This tasty Spinach and Artichoke Dip Alfredo combines the best of appetizers and entrees to create one unforgettable meal!
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ can artichokes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup skim milk
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Shaved fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 lb cooked pasta of your choice
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk, chicken broth, flour, salt and pepper over low heat, stirring until smooth and thick.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add the chopped artichoke hearts. Stir and cook the artichoke hearts for 4 minutes, breaking apart the artichoke hearts as they cook. Add the spinach and cook for 3 minutes or until hot. Add garlic and sauté until golden brown. Add in the cream cheese and stir until melted. Stir in the mozzarella. Stir until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Stir the alfredo sauce starter into the spinach and artichoke mix. Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Add additional milk as necessary to thin out the sauce until it reaches the desired consistency. Mix with pasta of your choice, top with fresh parmesan shavings and a sprinkle of paprika, and serve.
- Category: Main