Adapted from Natasha’s Kitchen
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (6 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained, pat dry, and roughly chopped
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 4 large), chopped into small pieces
- Oil, for frying
- Lemon or lime wedges, to serve (optional)
- Sour cream, to serve (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, eggs, flour, garlic powder, cheeses, and salt and pepper. until well-combined. Fold in the spinach, artichokes, and chopped chicken. Stir well, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least an hour, or overnight.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, use a small ice cream scoop to add the chicken mixture to the pan. Gently flatten the tops a bit with the back of the ice cream scoop or with a spoon to create the fritter shape.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to absorb any excess oil. Add more oil, if necessary, and repeat to make the remaining fritters.
- Serve with lemon or lime wedges and sour cream, if desired.