- Buns or rolls, for serving
For the Pulled Pork:
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted cherries
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from the can of chipotles in adobo)
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce (such as Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 3 lb pork shoulder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
For the Slaw:
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 10 oz bag slaw mix
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine first 4 Pulled Pork ingredients in the bottom of the crock pot. Mix in ½ of the BBQ sauce.
- Season the pork shoulder with smoked paprika, salt, and pepper and place on top of the BBQ sauce mixture. Pour the remaining BBQ sauce on top.
- Cook on low for about 6-7 hours, or until the pork can be pulled apart with forks.
- Remove the pork, pull it, and return it to the crock pot.
- Mix it all together and cook on low for an additional hour.
- As the pork cooks, prepare the slaw by mixing together all of the ingredients. Cover until ready to serve.
- When the pork is done, serve warm with slaw on fresh hamburger buns.