- 16 oz crab meat
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce, plus more to top
- 8 scallions
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black sesame seeds, to top
- Wonton chips or crackers, to serve
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the crab meat, cream cheese, garlic, ginger, and sweet chili sauce. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Slice 3/4 of the scallions. Mix those scallions into the crab dip. Slice the remaining scallions into ribbons and place into a bowl of ice water. Let them sit until they’ve curled.
- Taste the crab dip and season with kosher salt, to taste. Top with black sesame seeds and curled scallions. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with wonton chips.
To make wonton chips, cut wonton wrappers in half diagonally. Brush lightly with oil and then sprinkle with salt and black sesame seeds. Place the wrappers on a lightly greased baking sheet and then bake in a 350 degree F oven until crisp and lightly browned.