- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup gochujang paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Karo® Syrup
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 6 flour tortillas
- 12 ounces low-moisture shredded cheese (I use a blend of Oaxaca and cheddar cheese)
- 4 green onions, sliced, whites and greens separated
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Sesame seeds, for sprinkling (optional)
For the pickled slaw:
- 1/2 medium cucumber, cubed
- 1 carrot, julienned (or use pre-shredded carrots)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
For the dipping sauce:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon gochujang, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Meanwhile, make the pickled slaw: In a medium bowl, combine sliced cucumber, carrot, rice vinegar, and 1 teaspoon Karo® Syrup. Add salt, to taste. Toss to coat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, 1 tablespoon of gochujang, and 1 teaspoon rice vinegar for the dipping sauce. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the remaining gochujang, soy sauce, 2 1/2 tablespoons Karo® Syrup, garlic, and ginger. Thin with 2 tablespoons of water, or as needed to achieve a glaze-like consistency. Add the glaze to the shredded chicken and onion whites and toss to coat.
- Brush one side of the tortillas with oil. Place, oiled side down, on a large sheet pan and sprinkle with half of the cheese. Divide the chicken evenly between the 6 tortillas. Top with the remaining cheese and fold over the tortillas to enclose the filling. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the tortillas are lightly browned and the cheese is melted, flipping halfway through.
- Slice the baked quesadillas into thirds. Top with green onion greens and sesame seeds, if desired. Serve with the pickled slaw and dipping sauce on the side.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins