- 1/2 cup guava jelly
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds frozen peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed, tails removed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Rice, black beans, and sliced avocado, to serve (optional)
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the guava jelly, ketchup, minced garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, seasonings, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp to the hot skillet and cook until opaque, about 1-2 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Pour the combined sauce ingredients into the hot pan. Allow to boil and then reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Return the shrimp to the pan and toss to coat. Cook an additional 2 minutes over low heat. Top with cilantro and green onion and serve with rice, black beans and avocado, if desired.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins