- 1 batch Soft & Chewy Sugar Cookie dough or store-bought sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon maple extract (optional)
- Chopped pecans, to top (optional)
- Preheat the waffle iron on the lowest setting and spray with non-stick spray if necessary. Roll the cookie dough into 1-2 tablespoon-sized balls.
- Place one dough ball on each quarter of the waffle iron. Bake until golden but still soft, about 90 seconds.
- Gently transfer to a wire rack to cool completely and repeat with remaining dough.
- As the cookies cook, create the Maple Glaze. Whisk together the powdered sugar, maple syrup, melted butter, and maple extract (if using).
- Using a fork, drizzle the glaze over the cookies. Top with chopped pecans, if desired. Allow glaze to set before serving.