- 3 pounds baby red potatoes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 bunch green onions, white and green parts separated, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound Mexican chorizo, casings removed
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Slice the potatoes 1/2” thick and place in a pot. Cover with 4” of water. Salt generously. Bring to a boil. Boil for 12 minutes, or until tender when stuck with a fork. 6 minutes into cooking, gently lower the eggs into the pot with the potatoes. Cook for 6 more minutes and then drain and transfer to a large bowl. When cooled, peel the eggs and slice into thirds.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add white parts of scallions and garlic. Cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Crumble in the chorizo and cook, breaking apart as you go, until browned and cooked through. Place a sieve over a medium-sized bowl and pour the chorizo and grease into the sieve. Allow the grease to drain into the bowl, pressing the chorizo gently with a spoon to push out any excess. Transfer the chorizo to the bowl with the potatoes and eggs.
- Add vinegar, honey and olive oil to the chorizo drippings. Whisk until well combined. Season generously with salt and pepper. Pour over the potatoes.
- Add sliced jalapeno and fresh cilantro. Gently toss. Serve warm or at room temperature.