For the Baked Boneless Wings:
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 cups cornflakes cereal, crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more to top
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 large eggs
For the Buffalo Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, plus more, to taste
- 3/4 cup hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
For the Smoky Chipotle-Lime Sauce:
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup finely chopped chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Chopped cilantro, to top
- Lime wedges, to serve
For the Honey Bourbon BBQ:
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup bourbon
For the Orange Glaze:
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sriracha, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Chopped chives, to top
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a couple of large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. In another bowl, add the crushed cornflakes. In one last bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Dip the chicken, one piece at a time, into the flour, then the egg, then roll in the cornflakes. Make sure to fully coat, and place the chicken on one of the prepared baking sheets. Repeat until all of the chicken has been coated.
- Sprinkle with additional salt and bake until browned and cooked through, about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Let sit until cool enough to handle.
- While the baked boneless wings cool, make the Buffalo Sauce. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Mix in the hot sauce and worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer, stirring often. Taste and add additional butter if necessary. Mix one fourth of the chicken with the sauce, then plate. Set aside.
- Wipe down the skillet and make the Chipotle-Lime Sauce. Add the ketchup, chipotles in adobo, honey, and garlic powder to the skillet and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, stirring often, and then add in the lime juice. Reduce the heat and mix in another fourth of the chicken with the sauce. When fully coated, plate, top with chopped cilantro, and squeeze some lime juice on top. Place lime wedges alongside the chicken. Set aside.
- Wipe out the skillet again and begin on the Honey BBQ Bourbon Sauce. Stir together BBQ sauce, honey, and bourbon and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth. Toss in another fourth of the chicken and plate. Set aside.
- One last time, wipe out the skillet. Make the Orange Glaze. Over medium heat, combine the orange marmalade, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, and sriracha. Mix until well-combined and thickened. Add in the sesame seeds and stir until evenly distributed. Mix in the last of the chicken and stir until coated. Plate and top with chopped chives.
- Serve warm with celery, ranch, and blue cheese dressing.
To partially make these ahead, bake the popcorn chicken, freeze, and bake from frozen in a 350°F oven until warm, about 20 minutes. Then continue to make the sauces.