- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces smoked gouda, shredded
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) jar pimento peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup beer of choice (I used Yard’s Brawler)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 dash hot sauce, or to taste
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Chives, chopped, to top
- Toss together the shredded cheeses in a large bowl. Transfer half of the cheese mixture to the bowl of a food processor, along with the mayonnaise and half of the the pimento peppers. Process until well-combined and set aside.
- Heat the beer in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the cornstarch to the bowl with the remaining shredded cheeses and toss to coat. Stir the cheese into the warmed beer until smooth and melted.
- Transfer the pimento mixture to the large bowl and pour over the warmed beer cheese. Stir well. Add in the remaining pimento peppers and season with hot sauce, salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with chopped chives and serve with pretzels or crackers, for dipping.