Perfect for breakfast or dessert, this easy-to-make and share Apple Fritter Pull-Apart Bread will blow you away!
- 2 cans refrigerated biscuits such as Grands For the filling:
- 4 granny smith or honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored, and very finely diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice For the glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup half and half, or more as needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Add all of the filling ingredients to a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples have browned and softened and the sauce has thickened, about 8-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Using a paring knife, cut each biscuit in half horizontally to make 32 rounds (you should be able to cut them slightly and then pull them apart the rest of the way). Flatten each biscuit half with your hand to thin them out.
- One at a time, spoon about a tablespoon of the apple filling onto each biscuit half, and then stack the biscuit halves on top of one another to form stacks of four with filling in between. Place the stacks in the loaf pan, arranging so that no filling touches the edges of the pan. Repeat until the pan is full (but not too packed, you want to leave room for the biscuits to expand while baking). You may not need to use all of the biscuits.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Then, remove the aluminum foil and bake until golden brown and cooked through, checking every 5-10 minutes. Let the loaf cool for 5 minutes and then remove from the pan.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and half and half, adding more if necessary to reach the desired consistency. Add the vanilla and whisk again until well-combined. Drizzle liberally over fritter loaf. Serve warm.
Pull-apart and serve with vanilla ice cream on top for another delicious dessert option.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Dessert