Recipe slightly adapted from The Slow Roasted Italian
- 16 oz barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 6 slices raw bacon, cut into small pieces
- Light the grill and heat to medium-high
- In a small bowl, combine the BBQ sauce and bourbon. Mix well.
- In a food processor, combine the kosher salt, white pepper, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, dark brown sugar, smoked paprika, and bacon. Pulse until completely smooth.
- Put the chicken thigh pieces in a bowl and then rub with the bacon paste. Once well-coated, thread the chicken thigh pieces onto skewers (pre-soaked, if they’re wooden).
- Place the kebabs on the preheated grill. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until nearly cooked through.
- Brush the kebabs with the bourbon barbecue sauce and cook for an additional minute on each side.
- Serve with the remaining BBQ sauce.
You will have plenty of leftover BBQ sauce to serve the skewers with, and then some. If you’d prefer not to have leftover sauce, you can reduce the amount of BBQ sauce by half and have just enough.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 24 mins