- 1 pound large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup creamed corn
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped, plus more to top
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons oil, for frying, divided
- Remoulade or aioli, to serve
- Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and place n the bowl of a food processor. Pulse the shrimp until chopped into pea-sized pieces, making sure not to over-process. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Mix in the creamed corn, whole kernel corn, garlic, cajun seasoning, parsley, and salt and pepper. Stir in the flour and cornmeal until well-combined.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Use an ice cream scoop or cookie scoop to transfer a scoop of the batter to the pan, and then use the back of the scoop to smooth the top and spread out the cakes into circles. Continue until the pan is full.
- Cook until crisp and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and repeat for the remaining cakes, adding more oil to the pan if necessary.
- Sprinkle the shrimp cakes with extra chopped parsley and serve warm with remoulade or aioli.