For the Chorizo Balls:
- 1 lb uncooked chorizo, casings removed
- 2 cups cornbread mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large jalapenos, stemmed and seeded, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup canned corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Cilantro or parsley, to garnish
For the Chipotle Dipping Sauce:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Canned chipotle chile in adobo, minced, plus sauce, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the chorizo, cornbread mix, cheddar cheese, corn, jalapeno, onion, and salt. Mix until well-combined and no longer gritty.
- Shape the mixture into balls slightly smaller than your average meatball (or about 1″). Place on the baking sheet.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- As you wait for the Chorizo Balls to cook, prepare the dipping sauce. Combine 1/3 cup mayonnaise with 1/3 cup sour cream and mix well. Finely mince one chipotle chile and mix it in to the sour cream mixture, adding in about a half-teaspoon of adobo sauce (from the can) to start. Add more chipotles or adobo, to taste, until you reach your desired heat level.
- Serve the Chorizo Balls warm or at room temperature with the Chipotle Dipping Sauce and fresh cilantro or parsley, to garnish.