- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup baby corn
- 4 oz water chestnuts, sliced
- White rice, to serve
- In a large, sealable freezer bag, toss the chicken breast pieces with 1/3 cup of cornstarch. Shake and turn the sealed bag until all of the chicken has a light, even coating. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, chicken broth, and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. Set aside.
- Add 1/3 cup water to a large, high-walled skillet over medium-high heat. Place the broccoli florets on top, cover, and cook until bright green, about 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove the chicken from the freezer bag, shaking off excess cornstarch, and place in the skillet. Stir fry until browned all over, but not cooked through.
- Mix in the sauce ingredients and let cook for 3 minutes. Then add back in the broccoli, along with the snow peas, baby corn, and water chestnuts. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened and the chicken and vegetables are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve over rice, if desired.