- 4 sweet potatoes. scrubbed clean
- 1 small head garlic
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (canned) chipotle pepper in adobo, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from canned chipotles in adobo
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the excess paper from the head of garlic and cut off the very top to slightly expose the cloves. Place on top of aluminum foil and drizzle the top with olive oil. Cover with the aluminum foil and place on a prepared baking sheet. Place the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet as well.
- Roast the garlic and sweet potatoes for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the sweet potatoes are softened and easily pierced with a fork.
- Let the potatoes and garlic cool, then slice the potatoes in half. Scoop out the insides of the potato and place in a medium-sized bowl, leaving a thin layer of potato flesh around the skin to help it keep its shape.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic into the bowl, and add in the lime juice, cumin, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, and half of the cilantro. Mix until well combined. Stir in the black beans.
- Put the skins back on the baking tray and scoop in the potato filling. Top with the cheese and place the potatoes back in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and begins to brown slightly.
- Remove from the oven, top with remaining cilantro, and serve.