- 6 ounces (170g) fresh cranberries
- 2 scallions, green parts only, chopped
- 1/3 cup (65g) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded, and diced (or enough jalapeño pepper to taste)
- Kosher salt
- One 8-ounce (225g) wheel Brie cheese
- Chopped cilantro leaves and tender stems, for garnish
- Crusty bread or crackers, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Pulse cranberries in a food processor or blender until well chopped. Add scallions, brown sugar, and half of jalapeño and continue to pulse until finely minced. Season with salt. Add more jalapeño to taste, if desired, and pulse again until well combined.
- Slice the top of the rind off the Brie and place Brie in a small baking dish, such as a pie dish or gratin dish. Top Brie generously with cranberry-jalapeño mixture. Use remaining mixture to fill space surrounding Brie in the baking dish.
- Bake until Brie is melted, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve warm with crusty bread or crackers for dipping.