- 1 (8 ounce) jar oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped and divided
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 large skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 kale bundle, leaves stripped and chopped
- 1 pound fresh potato gnocchi
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, to serve
1. In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes until shimmering. Add the onion, carrots, and sun-dried tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, 5 to 6 minutes, adding the garlic during the last minute
2. Add the chicken to the skillet. Season with Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, and salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden all over, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the flour and tomato paste and cook until well-combined and the tomato paste begins to caramelize. Then pour in the broth and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the thyme, and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Stir in the kale, half-and-half, and gnocchi. Cook until the gnocchi is warmed through and soup is thickened, about 10 more minutes.
7. Serve warm with parmesan cheese.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 mins