- 1 pound medium carrots
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped cilantro or parsley
- Sauce or dip of choice to serve (See note)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut carrots into thin sticks and combine in a large bowl with oil, cornstarch, smoked paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until browned in spots and crisp, flipping halfway through. Toss the hot carrot fries with chopped or cilantro or parsley and extra salt, if desired. Serve warm with dip.
For the batch of carrot fries pictured here, I made Cool Sriracha Sauce for dipping. To do so, I combine sriracha, lime juice, greek yogurt, and salt and pepper, to taste.