- 1 ½ lbs fingerling potatoes, cut in half
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups white vinegar, plus more for drizzling
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Rosemary, to taste (optional)
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pot. One it reaches boiling point, remove it from the heat and add in the vinegar and a tablespoon of sea salt. Stir until the salt dissolves and then place the potatoes in the pot. Let the potatoes soak in the vinegar mixture for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Drain the potatoes and pat them dry with a kitchen towel. Toss the potatoes with a tablespoon of the oil, the cornstarch, and a teaspoon of salt. Toss well, and then drizzle the remaining tablespoon of oil on a walled baking sheet. Put the baking sheet (without the potatoes on it!) in the oven to heat up the oil for 3 minutes.
- Spread the potatoes on the baking sheet, sprinkle with a bit of rosemary, and place back in the oven for 35-40 minutes, flipping the potatoes and rotating the baking sheet half-way through.
- Once the potatoes are crisp, remove them from the oven, sprinkle with additional sea salt, and drizzle with a bit more vinegar. Garnish with fresh rosemary and serve warm.