Recipe adapted from Ina Garten's Lemon Bars
For the Shortbread Crust:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Pinch of salt
For the Lemon Filling:
- 7 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed (from about 6 lemons)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Blueberry Glaze:
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries, (plus more to top, optionally)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoons lemon zest, divided
- 2 leaves fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13" baking pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, butter, and salt. Pulse until the dough comes together in large crumbs.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the lined baking pan. Bake until just lightly golden, about 20 minutes.
- Combine the filling ingredients in a food processor and pulse until evenly blended and smooth.
- Pour the filling on top of the shortbread crust and bake until the filling is set and the top is beginning to brown, about 35 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, and then transfer to the refrigerator. Chill for at least an hour before cutting.
- Cut the lemon bars as desired. Combine the blueberries, powdered sugar, 1/2 tablespoon of the lemon zest, and the basil in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer the lemon bars to a wire rack on top of foil or parchment paper and top with the glaze, allowing the excess to drip onto the foil or paper below. Sprinkle with the remaining lemon zest and top with blueberries. Let the glaze set and then serve.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins