- 8 ounces Hatfield Recipe Essentials Sweet Italian Ground Sausage
- 1.5 pounds premade pizza or Bread dough
- 1.5 pounds ricotta
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, diced
- 8 ounces sharp provolone, diced
- 8 ounces sopressata, diced
- 8 ounces pepperoni, diced
- 8 ounces ham, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped, plus more to garnish
- Basil, to garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a springform pan and set aside.
- Cook the sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking the sausage up as it cooks, until browned on the outside and no longer pink inside.
- Roll out half of the dough on a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin into a 1/4 inch thick round. Fit dough into springform pan and trim excess, leaving a 1/2-inch overhang. Cover with a kitchen towel and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the ricotta, 3 of the eggs, cheeses, sausage, diced meats, and parsley. Spread filling evenly into the dough-lined pan.
- Roll out the remaining dough and cut into strips. Make a lattice to top the pie and fold over the excess dough from the sides to seal. Brush the top with the remaining egg.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and the inside has set, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Allow to cool at room temperature completely and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours. (It tastes great warm but is a bit messy!)
- Garnish with herbs and slice to serve.