Adapted from Genius Kitchen
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- White chocolate baking melts
- Red gel food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the egg and extracts and continue to mix until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Gradually mix into the wet ingredients until well-combined and very dark.
- Add the dough to your cookie press and press onto a cool, ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, then allow to cool on the baking sheet for a couple more minutes before transferring to a wire wrack to finish cooling. Repeat until all of the cookies have been baked.
- In a small, microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate baking melts according to the package directions. Squeeze the red gel food coloring over the melted white chocolate and use a toothpick to swirl. One cookie at a time, dip one side into the marbled white chocolate mixture to create the peppermint swirl design. Transfer the cookie to wax paper to allow the white chocolate to cool and harden. Continue with the remaining cookies, adding additional gel food coloring and swirling or melting more white chocolate as needed.
- The cookies will keep fresh in airtight containers for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins