- 1 large head cauliflower (about 1.5 pounds), cut into small florets, or frozen cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (see note)
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Melted butter and chives, to top
- Bring water or broth to a boil in a large, heavy bottomed pot and boil the cauliflower florets until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and press the cauliflower between paper towels to dry.
- While still hot, transfer the cauliflower to a food processor. (If you don’t have a food processor, you can use an immersion blender or potato masher.) Add the parmesan cheese, cream cheese, salt and pepper, and garlic. Puree or mash until smooth.
- Transfer to bowls and drizzle with melted butter. Sprinkle with chives and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Serve warm.
To temper the sharpness of the garlic, you can first saute your garlic in butter. It will also infuse your melted butter with garlic flavor! An optional extra step, but a great one!