Rum-Caramelized Banana Berry Nut Crumble Author: Morgan Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 35 mins Total time: 55 mins Serves: 6
- For the Banana Berry Filling:
- 3 cups sliced bananas, from about 4 - 5 bananas
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- For the Macadamia Nut Crumble:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Halves strawberries, to top
- Coconut ice cream or vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray a large baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Combine the bananas, strawberries, brown sugar, melted butter, rum, and cornstarch for the filling in a large bowl and mix well. Pour the filling into the baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sugars, spices, and salt. Then, pour over the melted butter and cut the mixture to form pea-sized crumbs. Mix in the macadamia nuts, and then sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the filling.
- Bake until the crumble is crisp and golden and the filling is thick and bubbling, about 35 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with halved strawberries and ice cream.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins