- 10 ounces uncooked bucatini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 ounces sea scallops
- 6 ounces peeled and deveined extra large shrimp
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 28 ounce can Hunt's whole peeled plum tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 12 littleneck clams
- 6 ounces lump cooked crab meat
- 2 tablespoons pepperoncini peppers from the jar, minced, plus 1 tablespoon brine from jar
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves, plus more to garnish
- 2 tablespoon thinly sliced basil, plus more to garnish
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a tablespoon of the oil in a large, high-walled pan over medium high heat. Season the scallops and shrimp with salt and pepper. Add the scallops and shrimp to the pan, in batches if necessary, and cook until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the scallops and shrimp from the pan to a large bowl. Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and stir in the shallots, garlic, crushed red pepper, and oregano. Cook on medium-high until fragrant and softened, about 1 minute. Add the hand-crushed tomatoes and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes. Pour in the wine and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the clams to the pan and cover. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 8 minutes, or until the clams fully open. If any of the clams don't open, discard them. Stir in the crab meat, pepperoncini peppers and brine, and the cooked shrimp and scallop mixture. Stir in parsley and basil. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Toss the bucatini in the Fra Diavolo sauce. Garnish with additional parsley and basil and serve warm.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins