- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 pound mini red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
- Fresh Italian parsley, chopped, to top
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Season the chicken with kosher salt and black pepper and set aside.
- In a large, sealable plastic bag, combine the flour, parmesan cheese, paprika, Italian seasonings, and garlic powder. Shake well to evenly distribute. Add the chicken to the bag, seal, and shake to coat evenly.
- Place the stick of butter on a large, rimmed baking sheet and place in the oven for a few minutes, until just melted and deep golden, but not browned. Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven and mix the chicken stock and the lemon juice into the melted butter. Place the flour-seasoned chicken breasts down the center of the baking sheet and surround by the potatoes and green beans.
- Sprinkle the capers evenly over the pan, and top the chicken and vegetables with the lemon slices. Spoon some of the melted butter mixture over the vegetables and season them with salt and pepper.
- Place the baking sheet back in the oven and bake until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender, about 25-30 minutes. If the pan is beginning to dry up, add additional chicken stock and lemon juice.
- Set the oven to broil to crisp the tops of the vegetables and chicken and broil until lightly browned. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and top with chopped parsley. Serve warm.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins