For the Zucchini and Corn Bites:
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, squeezed dry (from about 2 medium-sized zucchini)
- 1 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded monterrey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels (from 2 ears fresh corn)
- 2 large eggs
For the Avocado Ranch:
- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, plus more to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the zucchini, cornmeal, cornstarch, seasonings, cheese, green onion, corn, and eggs until well-combined.
- One tablespoon at a time, press the zucchini mixture into small balls. Place onto the baking sheet and repeat until all of the zucchini mixture has been used up.
- Bake until browned and crisp, about 30 minutes, flipping and gently pressing with the bottom of a spatula halfway through.
- As the bites bake, combine all of the avocado ranch ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mash to break up the avocado. Then stir until mostly smooth and well-combined.
- Serve the zucchini bites warm with cilantro, to garnish, and avocado ranch to dip.