- 1 1/2–2 cups strawberry basil simple syrup (recipe below)
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice (about 10 lemons)
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups vodka
- Sliced strawberries, lemon wheels, and basil leaves to serve
For the strawberry basil simple syrup:
- 1 pound strawberries, chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh basil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cup waters
- Add 5 cups water, 2 cups vodka, and 1 1/2 cups lemon juice in a pitcher and refrigerate.
- Add all of the “strawberry basil simple syrup” ingredients to a medium sauce pan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, and let it simmer for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon, making sure to break up the strawberries to release their juice and bruise the basil to release its oils.
- Strain the simple syrup to remove all chunks and pieces of strawberries and basil.
- Add up to 2 cups strawberry basil simple syrup to the lemonade mixture. Adjust cocktail portions to taste. Fill the remainder of the pitcher with ice and additional sliced strawberries, lemon wheels, and basil leaves, if desired Chill before serving.