For the Coconut-Lime Slaw:
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup trimmed and thinly sliced snow peas
- 1 cucumber, sliced into thin ribbons
- 1 small hot red pepper, stemmed, seeded, and sliced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/4 cup sprouts or cilantro
- 3/4 cup coconut cream from the top of a can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fish sauce
For the Turkey Burgers:
- 1.5 pounds ground turkey thighs
- 1/2 small white onion, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Vegetable oil, for seasoning grill
For the Spicy Mayo:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 4–6 medium brioche burger buns, split
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, snow peas, cucumber, peppers, carrots, and sprouts or cilantro. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut cream, rice vinegar, brown sugar, lime juice, and fish sauce until well-combined. Pour the coconut-lime dressing over the slaw mixture and toss well to coat. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Place the ground turkey into a large bowl. Add in the grated onion (and its juices), garlic, Thai red curry paste, and soy sauce. Mix until evenly distributed and form into patties. Place on the lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the grill for medium-high heat.
- While the grill heats, make the spicy mayo. In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, chili garlic sauce, and fish sauce. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the patties on the grill. Grill, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Grill buns, cut side down, until lightly browned.
- Serve the turkey burgers on grilled buns with slaw, spicy mayo, and chopped peanuts.