- 3 large russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus more to top
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Peel the potatoes and cut into french fry slices, about 1/3″ thick.
- Add the potato pieces, 4 cups of water, a tablespoon of vinegar, and a tablespoon of salt to a pot over high heat. Bring to a boil and then boil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- Meanwhile, drizzle the canola oil onto a rimmed baking sheet and place in the oven. Preheat the oven (with the baking sheet inside) to 425 degrees F.
- Place the potato pieces on top of paper towels and press the tops gently with paper towels to soak up excess water.
- Once the oven is preheated, carefully pull out the baking sheet and place the potatoes in a single layer on the sheet. They should immediately start sizzling. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden, gently turning halfway through with tongs. Remove to a paper-towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil and sprinkle liberally with salt.
- Serve warm