For the Blueberry Muffin Waffles:
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk, plus more if necessary
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, plus more to top
For the Cinnamon Streusel:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
For the Vanilla Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- To start, make the Muffin Waffle batter. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate, smaller bowl, combine the oil, eggs, and milk. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in the blueberries and set aside.
- Next, make the Cinnamon Streusel. In a medium-sized bowl, cut together the flour, sugar, butter, and cinnamon until pea-sized crumbs form. Sprinkle the mixture on a baking sheet and bake until browned and crisp, about 10-12 minutes.
- As the Streusel bakes, make the Vanilla Glaze. In the bowl you used for the streusel, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until a smooth glaze forms. Set aside.
- Bake the waffle batter in a waffle iron until golden brown and cooked through, according to your waffle iron’s medium-heat settings. Top with the streusel and fresh blueberries, and then drizzle with vanilla glaze. Serve warm.