- 1 lb frozen bread dough, thawed according to directions
- 2 tablespoons flour, to roll
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- Tomato sauce, to serve, optional
- Prepare an oven-safe dish with nonstick cooking spray or oil. I used an 11” cast iron skillet.
- Divide the thawed dough into 2 sections. Lightly flour a flat surface and rolling pin and roll out each dough section to 1/4” – 1/2” thick. Use a circular cookie cutter or glass to cut out circles of dough.
- Combine 2 cloves of garlic, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and basil in a medium bowl and mix until evenly distributed. Place 1-2 teaspoons of the mixture in the center of a dough circle. Fold one side over to create a half-circle with the filling in-between, and then pinch together the two corners of the half-circle to get a teardrop-like shape. Place in the prepared dish.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cover the garlic knots and let rise for 20 minutes, then brush with melted butter. Bake until golden brown, about 15-18 minutes, and then sprinkle with the remaining feta mixture. Bake for an additional 2-3 minutes, until cooked through.
- Combine the remaining 2 cloves garlic and melted butter in a microwave safe dish, loosely cover, and microwave for 30 seconds. Brush the knots with the garlic butter and serve warm with tomato sauce, for dipping.