- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled for 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar + additional 1/2 cup sugar to roll
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer with the cookie whisk attachment, beat together the melted butter, 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, and the light brown sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until just combined and smooth.
- Add in the flour, cornstarch, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix until well combined, but be sure not to over-mix. Cover the dough and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop a 2-3 heaping tablespoons of cookie dough at a time and roll into balls, then roll the balls in sugar to coat. Place onto the prepared baking sheet, giving plenty of room for spreading. You should be able to fit 6-8 cookies per tray.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes, or until the edges are beginning to set and brown and the centers are still puffy and soft and seem undercooked. Remove from the oven and let cool fully on the baking sheet to set the cookies.