There is not enough coffee in the world to save me today.
I woke up at the crack of dawn yesterday to get my cooking done (look out for the Carrot Cake Cheesecake recipe coming up– it should be illegal, it’s so sinfully good) and then took a long, hurried drive/train ride to Newark for the hockey game.
Don’t get me wrong, the whole experience was great– James, four of our close friends, and I got free tickets to the VIP suites and Platinum lounges at the Prudential Center with complimentary food and drink and a great view of the game. The event organizers recognize James and I now, as this is our third (and technically fourth) Dream Seat Series win, and I think people are under the impression that I’m actually good at Hold ‘Em at this point. As my friend Rachel says, “Morgan– Food Blogger by day, Poker Shark by night.”
Unfortunately, that’s not true. I’m actually pretty mediocre (if that) and get really lucky every once in a while. Either that or I’m really great and I get really unlucky A LOT. I like to think it’s the latter, but who am I kidding? It’s James who’s actually talented at the game, and I’m just adding it on to my long list of hobbies to hoard.
Speaking of luck, can we talk about this Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip for a second?
Originally I planned on making regular Cookie Dough Dip, but when it got down to adding in the flavoring, I realized I only had a teaspoon of vanilla extract left and it just wasn’t enough. I was not trying to run out to the grocery store again (I’m pretty sure I spend at least a good 20% of my life at Shop Rite) so I scrambled to find something else, anything else, to add in.
Lo and behold, a brand new bottle of mint extract and green food dye were stuck all the way in the back of the cabinet, patiently waiting to contribute to some yummy dessert. I decided to give it a go, but I had no idea how good it was going to be. Think Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream that magically doesn’t melt, because that’s exactly what it tasted like.
No, really, think about that for a second. Are you salivating yet?
Luckiness that results in something delicious is my favorite kind of luckiness.
James and I couldn’t stop eating the dip, and agreed that it would be great for a party or potluck, served with all sorts of dippers like chocolate cookies, chocolate graham crackers, and brownies. Basically just any kind of chocolate you can throw in there, because chocolate and mint were made for each other.
So while I over-caffeinate myself to make up for only getting 4 hours of sleep last night and forgetting to pack breakfast or lunch today, you should whip up a batch of this Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip and dig in for me.Print
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons mint extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- Milk or greek yogurt, to taste, for thinning to dip consistency
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate cookies, graham crackers, or brownie bites, for dipping
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars with a hand mixer until smooth. Add in the extracts and the salt and mix again.
- Keeping the mixer on, slowly sprinkle the flour in and, once thickened, add in milk or greek yogurt, a bit at a time, until you reach your desired consistency. Taste and adjust if necessary.
- Mix in the green food coloring and the chocolate chips and serve!
Get recipes delivered hot & fresh to your inbox!