I’ve got to be honest here, I didn’t come up with this idea entirely. The recipe is tweaked from another recipe that I’m seeing everywhere lately– one that is pretty good on its own but doesn’t reach the its full potential, in my opinion. I would absolutely link to the original source if I had any idea what it was, but I’ve seen it all over Pinterest and Facebook and I don’t know who deserves the credit. So… yes. I feel a little less guilty about that when I drive home the fact that this is mainly someone else’s work of genius with some of my own taste worked in. But I mean, you can’t have Cranberry Chipotle Cocktail Meatballs without the chipotles, and that’s one of my own additions, so I’m in the clear integrity-wise, right?
That all being said, please go make these now. They require almost no effort, they’re flavorful and balanced, they’re perfect for parties, they’re seasonal, they’re delicious, they’re delicious, and really, they’re so delicious.
Can you tell I really loved them? I will absolutely be making these Crock Pot Cranberry Chipotle Meatballs again for Christmas Eve, because they’re just too tasty and easy not to. There’s just the right amount of spice for those who can’t stomach too much heat, and a tart, sweet I could go on forever but you know all you need to know. I’m going to keep this post brief, just like the list of ingredients you need to make this awesome appetizer. Enjoy!Print
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) Heinz chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 chipotle chilis in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Add all ingredients to a crock pot, with the meatballs at the bottom.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Serve warm.