Even before this dip was ready, I was hovering by the oven, mouth watering, impatiently waiting to dig in and burn the absolute life out of my mouth. I knew it was going to be good. It was loaded up with cheese, lump crab meat, and artichokes. There was no way it was going to be anything but amazing.
Just look at that golden brown cheese, begging to be broken up by crusty slices of bread. I can’t believe I even managed to get a picture before shoving it all in my face. I’m a grown woman and still have no self control when you put something cheesy in front of me. NO SELF CONTROL AT ALL.
I was on a diet for about 15 seconds before this baby came out of the oven. I ain’t even mad ’bout it.
And there we go. Or rather, there I go. I was going to try and play off the fact that I have food under my nails in this picture and that’s totally gross, but I had been cooking all day and, like I said before, was so enamored by the fact that this dip was ready to eat that I wasn’t thinking about anything else. You can look past it. Just focus on the strands of melted cheese and forgive me.
Also, since we’re being up front and everything, you should know that I didn’t make this for a party. I didn’t make it for friends. I made it for myself and I loved every second of it. Remember when I said that I was sure this was going to be amazing before it even came out of the oven? Well it was about twelve million times more delicious than I had even imagined.
By the way, have you ever had artichokes and crab meat together? Spinach and artichoke has nothing on this combination. Really. Make this for a party and I’m sure everyone will agree. Or make it for yourself like I did and abandon the thought of your skinny jeans for a few minutes. There’s no shame in this. There’s just pure bliss.Print
- 8 oz reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnnaise or greek yogurt
- 12 oz crab meat
- 1 can artichoke hearts, NOT MARINATED, chopped
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese blend (parmesan, asiago, fontina, provolone)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bread, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop the artichokes into small pieces and pick apart the crab meat.
- Mix all of the ingredients except 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese together in a baking dish. Top with the remaining cheese. Garnish the center with an artichoke or two if you’d like.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, and then broil for 3-5 mins until top is bubbly and golden brown.
Get recipes delivered hot & fresh to your inbox!