(Day 9 of the 12 Days of Christmas)
A few weeks ago, I saw this recipe for Peppermint White Russians from Pink Parsley. I remember thinking that it sounded like the love child of the seasonal Starbucks drink and a liquor cabinet, which, in case you were confused, meant that I had to try it immediately.
I went to seven (yes, seven) different liquor stores over the next few days to find Peppermint Mocha Kahlua for the drink, and apparently it just doesn’t exist in my area. I did find Mocha Kahlua, but the whole point of the drink was the peppermint, so I also picked up a bit of peppermint extract and thought to myself, “it’s got to work, right?”
And it did work, thank goodness, because the drink was delicious. It was better than I imagined, actually. I mixed this one in my Metrokane Electric Cocktail Mixer while shaking lightly, which made the drink just slightly foamy, and served it in a martini glass rimmed with candy cane bits. I brought the supplies to the holiday party I’ve been talking about in my past several posts, and my friend Megan helped me out by mixing and serving them all night for the other guests.
Try these out before the holiday season is over—I’m sure you’ll love them, too.
Peppermint Mocha White Russian Martini
- Total Time: 5 minutes
Peppermint Mocha White Russian Martinis
- 2 parts Mocha Kahlua (3 oz)
- 1 part Vodka (1.5 oz)
- 2 parts milk or cream (3 oz)
- A drop or two of peppermint extract
- Red candy melts
- Crushed candy cane
- Prepare your red candy melts by melting them in the microwave according to the directions on the package. Pour crushed candy cane onto a plate.
- Dip each martini glass into the candy melts, and then into the candy cane. Turn in both to ensure that the glass is coated well. Let sit, upside down, on parchment paper until the candy hardens.
- Add the ice, Mocha Kahlua, Vodka, cream, and just a bit of peppermint extract to a cocktail shaker or mixer. A little bit of peppermint extract goes a long way, and you can always add more if you need to, so make sure you don’t add too much.
- Shake or mix the cocktail and pour into the candy cane rimmed martini glasses. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Cocktail
Emily Duhs says
I made my own version years ago! Try marshmallow vodka 😉
Renee Fauver says
Try peppermint mocha coffee creamer with Kahlua and vodka! Perfection!!