Back when I was in college, my signature dish was Pasta Greco, an easy-to-make Greek-inspired pasta dish that I adapted from a local restaurant. When James and I were in the wee-beginning of our relationship and I was just beginning to realize that I could, in fact, make my own food instead of spending all of my money on takeout, I made Pasta Greco at least 3 times a week. It was my lifeblood.
Now that I have a little more experience, I’ve been wanting to upgrade the Pasta Greco into something slightly more impressive and flavorful, but still keep it easy. The key? Making it a One Pot Pasta dish.
Two of the most popular recipes on the blog are One Pot dishes– One Pot Spicy Chicken Riggies and One Pot Roasted Red Pepper and Sausage Alfredo. The great thing about One Pot recipes is that you can cook your pasta right in with all of the other ingredients, and the starches from the pasta help thicken your liquids into a delicious sauce without using up a bunch of pots and pans that later have to be cleaned.
If your least favorite part of cooking is the part where you have to wash dishes afterward, you understand.
So what’s awesome about this One Pot Greek Chicken Pasta with Creamy Feta Wine Sauce is that you’ve got a ton of ingredients for an ultra-flavorful meal and you don’t have to cook any of them separately.
And I think to myself, What a wonderful world.
This recipe is also very easily adaptable. Don’t like olives? Leave ’em out. Craving roasted red peppers? Throw those babies in! Wanna switch out the chicken for sausage? Be my guest. Make it your own or follow the recipe to a T– either way you’re gonna love it!Print
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 8 oz frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed, and dried well
- 1 lb dry pasta
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz feta cheese
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, optional
- Basil, shredded to garnish, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep pot over medium-high heat. Season the chicken breast cubes with salt and pepper and cook until lightly browned on all sides, about 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Add in the garlic, shallots, capers, olives, and spinach, and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Mix in the dry pasta. Add in the white wine and chicken stock, making sure there is enough to just cover the pasta. (If not, add a bit more chicken stock.) Season with dried basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a low boil and cook until pasta is al dente, about 15-20 minutes, stirring often. The wider the pot or skillet, the quicker the recipe will cook.
- Reduce to low heat and add in the heavy cream, feta cheese, and cherry tomatoes. Mix well and allow the feta to melt into the sauce. Continue to simmer for 5-10 minutes, checking the pasta to get to your desired consistency. Top with lemon zest and shredded basil, and serve.