The Super Bowl is nearly here, which means it’s time for football and, just as importantly, lots of food! Every year, I look forward to shoveling down some nachos, poppers, ‘skins, and dip, but the greatest game day grub comes in the form of Buffalo Chicken.
While most people think of Buffalo Chicken in its wing form, my favorite way to eat it is when it’s shredded! There’s no frying required, it’s healthier, it’s customizable, it’s inexpensive, it’s easy to make, and it tastes absolutely amazing. It’s not often you can fill all of those qualifications, you know. With that resume, I would hire this stuff… for my belly… that wasn’t as clever as I imagined when I first started typing.
Maybe I should have gone with “this Buffalo Chicken would be my first round draft pick!” Because football.
About four years ago, someone shared this recipe with me, and I have made it ever since. I’m not sure where it originated (it most certainly is not a creation of my own) but I’m here to share it with all of you so you can enjoy it, too!
This recipe is an absolute hit with everyone who tries it, and is a pretty popular one on this blog despite being from waaay back when I just started and didn’t know a thing about food blogging! I decided it was time for some updated pictures (as you may have noticed), but the recipe hasn’t changed at all.
The often requested recipe for Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken that everyone in the world loves. Everyone.
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Frank’s Buffalo Sauce (make sure you DON’T get “Hot Buffalo”. It’s far too hot for the amount of sauce we’re using.)
- 1 package Hidden Valley Dry Ranch Mix
- 1/2 stick of butter
- Put the chicken and the buffalo sauce in the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred it, using two forks.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker, add the ranch mix and the butter, and stir until the butter is melted and ingredients are well-mixed.
- Serve with finger rolls and your choice of cheese.
- Category: Appetizer
Now you know how to make the Buffalo Chicken, but why stop there? You can use it in a ton of recipes, such as:
And more! Do you have any creative ideas for how to use this Simple Shredded Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken? If so, leave a comment with your idea!